Friday, January 1, 2010

Snow Shoes


I went snowshoeing for my first time today. I got snowshoes last year but the snow got rained on and I got busy, so I never had the opportunity to go. I am blessed to live in a place where a fifteen minute drive from home takes me where I can go enjoy the outdoors. I really liked snowshoeing; it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting it to be as hard as backpacking or something. Granted, I was on a trail where other people (snowmobiles, cross country skiiers, etc.) had all been, so the trail was fairly packed. I was passed by a jogger who was just in normal shoes and he was doing pretty well. It did get harder when I went off the path and into the looser powder and scrub oak. Clothing wise I was pretty comfortable. I had jeans, borrowed gaiters, a long sleeved shirt, a hoodie and my new Gore-Tex shell. It was cloudy, but not too cold. 






No comments:

Post a Comment