Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's COLD!!

This whole winter thing is not a foreign concept for me. I am just used to winter starting in early November, not late December. As much as I don't like being cold, I love winter. It snowed somewhat significantly today. I am partly afraid to drive onto campus because other people are not used to driving in snow. I guess they will get used to it. I am glad it snowed though.
Interesting observations about snow:
  • Snow makes things warmer. I know that doesn't make any sense, because snow is, well, COLD. But it makes the outside temperature feel warmer if it does not actually make it warmer.
  • Snow does not fall silently. There is a sound in its silence. This also makes no sense, but until you experience it you will not understand. There is a different kind of silence in the snow. Everything sounds muted.
  • Snow brings out either the inner child or the inner old person. Either you love the snow and are captivated by its magic, or you ignore its beauty and grump about how its cold and wet. Personally I think the childlike approach is better because there is nothing you can do about snow. It is here until it wants to leave.



Here are some pictures I took this morning of the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment